I apologize, did I lure you in with the picture of the beautiful girl on the beach, who is listening to music? I might have. On the other hand: you haven’t seen her frontside yet, she might as well be ugly.
Anyway, to make up for that I’ve got a little surprise for you: a mixed tape! I can hear your hearts melting. Yes, people, a mixed tape of travel songs (I got the idea after reading this blogpost, warning: it’s in dutch). Actually, a mixed tape of travel songs that mean something to me. You know how sometimes, after an intense trip, you hear a song on the radio and your thoughts immediately race back to a certain situation or a feeling you had while traveling? Of course you do!
It happens to me quite often, I must say. Hearing a song and going back in time, to a better, nicer, warmer, further place. Man, I love it. Some would call it nostalgia. And I love it! Honestly, sometimes I drown myself in nostalgia. It’s the only way to go back in time and get some of those intense feelings back, you know. Ah man, here I go again. Djeez, I’m so motherfuckin’ romantic.
Anyway, I tried to Youtube all the songs on this Mixed Tape 1. Maybe there is someone out there who can actually make this playlist on Spotify and share it here? Yes, you do that, while I start drowning again. Bye.
Mixed Tap Vol. 1 (yes, there are more volumes to come)
1. I Think We’re Alone Now (Tiffany)
2. Wish You Were Here (Pink Floyd)
3. Soul Meets Body (Death Cab for Cutie)
4. Little Black Submarines (The Black Keys)
5. Beginner’s Luck (Eels)
6. The Box (Johnny Flynn)
7. Champagne Supernova (Oasis)
8. Nothing Really Ends (dEUS)
9. Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)
10. Coffee and tv (Blur)
11. Rags and Run (Admiral Freebee)
12. RV (Faith No More)
13. Casper (Girls in Hawaii)
14. Oceans (John Butler)
15. Perfect Day (Lou Reed)
16. Heart of Gold (Neil Young)
17. Road Trippin’ (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
18. Blackbird (The Beatles)
19. Dancing in the Moonlight (Thin Lizzy)
20. Sound of Silence (Simon and Garfunkel